1. The student's behavior and attitude, both private and public while at the venue, should respect the local culture and enhance the spiritual atmosphere.
2. Standards of Conduct
-Student should maintain an atmosphere encouraging mutual respect, civil and congenial relationships and free from all forms of harassment and violence, where everyone can discuss their differences and exchange ideas openly, honestly and respectfully.
-Use respectful language without using vulgarity, insults, abusive language, and verbal threats.
3. Inappropriate Conduct
-Student should avoid public displays of affection and public nudity. Celibacy should be kept during the Yoga course.
-Students should not possess, use, or distribute alcoholic beverages or illegal or recreational drugs.
-Any music played in your lodging should be played so as not to disturb others. Silence is to be maintained after 10:00 pm and before 09:00 am, with no talking or loud noises especially in the sleeping areas.
-Students should not make false statements about others with malice to cause harm, or publicly disclose another's private information.
-Students should avoid entering into intimate relationships where an imbalance of power or influence, a conflict of interest, or other type of bias exists, for example between staff and guest, or between teacher and student.
4. Smoking, alcohol, non-prescription drugs, eating meat, fish, eggs, garlic and onions are to avoid during the yoga course.
5. Unless otherwise specified, photography or video filming is not allowed in the venue during any Sadhana (spiritual practice) times i.e. during Meditation, Satsang, Asana class, lectures, and religious rituals, anywhere in the temple areas and during meals. This helps to maintain a tranquil and protected environment for all.
6. For security reasons and to gain maximum benefit from experience students are encouraged to remain in the same town venue throughout their stay. The program co-ordinator must agree beforehand all absences from the YTTC, particularly for night and weekend excursions. A 'free day' is incorporated into the weekly program for sightseeing or shopping outside the venue.
7. Attendance and participation in scheduled classes and all Satsang are mandatory. If students expect to be absent from any scheduled event for whatever reason, notice must be submitted to the program coordinator. Many absences from scheduled classes may result in the student being dismissed from the course and asked to leave the course.
8. Students leaving the course before completion are required to return all their teaching materials.
9. Karma Yoga is an integral part of the training course life. Karma Yoga is required for each student, every day. Karma Yoga is a practical approach to help eliminate egoistic and selfish tendencies in students.
10. Temple Guidelines: The purity of the temple areas is to be maintained, minimum of one's hands, feet and face must be washed before entering the area. No unnecessary talk or noise in the temple area, which is regarded as a place of worship and meditation for all visitors.
11. All transaction fees are the responsibility of the registrant, in case of Cancellation no fee will be refunded but is possible to adjust in next course within one year priod in case of emergency.So befor joining course make sure that you will manage to join the course.
12. Final confirmation of the Yoga course will happen for 2-3 weeks ahead of the starting date. If you are making any travel arrangement prior to this confirmation, we would advise you to subscribe to a cancellation insurance as Association for Yoga and Meditation cannot be responsible to any cost incurred for cancellation of your travel.
As a Course Participant of the Association for Yoga and Meditation Organization, I do hereby agree to participate in all activities. I assume full responsibility for my personal property and myself and will endeavor to make a genuine effort towards my own self-improvement according to the teachings of Yoga. I understand that if I should break any of the rules I may be asked to leave. No refunds will be granted in any circumstance.
I hereby confirm that I understand that the training program is of intense nature and will be challenging. The course is a full time commitment and does not allow any other activities. I declare that I have disclosed on this form all relevant details and by submitting these details to Association for Yoga and Meditation I take full responsibility for myself in attending the course.